Tuesday 26 December 2017

A New Christmas Tradition


Merry Christmas!!!



Hope everyone's Christmas was nice and chilled involving too much food! James and I started a new tradition this year. I was inspired by the Gingerbread City exhibit at the Museum of Architecture in London. It was filled with fantastic smelling and fabulous looking structures:




So we decided we were going to try our hand at making a gingerbread car, loosely based on a Volvo design since we got an old Volvo this year (a complete money pit too!). Here is the process of us making our little Volvo gingerbread car, including it falling apart before James was able to salvage it!





I got the recipe for the gingerbread car from this YouTube video and I have absolutely tons of dough left - I'm going to make a bunch of 3D cookies now :) Since discovering this guy Donal Skehan I have become a bit of a fan. He is really easy to watch and his stuff looks tasty. I plan to try his Asian inspired eggs next. Some of the other YouTube cooks, particularly the ones making Gingerbread houses were just a tad too obnoxious for my taste, the few I looked at anyway!




Enjoy a lazy Boxing Day.


No comments:

Post a Comment