Tuesday 1 November 2016

Animal Ball Masks

Last Wednesday I scurried along over to the Victoria and Albert museum as I had glimpsed a new exciting exhibit I wished to peruse. It allowed access to a part of the museum not usually open to the public, a place called the Cupola. This is located on the sixth floor where you enter a narrow door and ascend a steep winding staircase to the attic space above. You actually had to sign a health disclaimer before going in purely as it is so steep. Funny yes, but I must admit after ascending that flight of stairs my back injury did fair twinge, not to mention my legs were jellified because of my general out-of-shapeness! Is it wrong I felt a small smidge of pride that I made it up those stairs? Probably, yes!

I was lucky to get to experience my wobbly legs and out of puff lungs. I hadn't realised before going along that as the space was cramped you had to book time slots due to limited capacity. Luckily most folk hadn't realised that either and there was space for me to join the next group. The masks were worth the effort. They are a temporary exhibit until this Friday showing off spectacular work by designers for the fundraising event The Animal Ball later this month.



My Favourite!






No comments:

Post a Comment