Tuesday 11 October 2016

Fritz the Frog

I was going to post this on Monday but there was some issue with blogger making people's pictures go weird. It was my sister's 21st birthday last Friday so I decided instead of a big gift to make her a 'goody box' filled with lots of different, well, goodies. One of which I wanted to be handmade by moi. Since she has a thing for frogs - which I only found out recently and somehow missed for years - I decided to crochet a frog. I searched on Pinterest until I came across this Fritz the Frog pattern by Yuki Yarn designs. You can find this on Ravelry or straight from her Etsy shop here. I was pretty pleased with how it turned out. I used Stylecraft Special Double Knit wool Grass Green, lot 1821 for the majority of the frog. For the bottom of the head and the tummy patch it was a ball of wool I had lying around without the label so your guess is as good as mine. Sadly I dispatched this birthday gift on the actual birthday as leading up to it I was loaded with the cold resulting in a splitting headache which didn't mix well with counting stitches. I am pretty happy with how it turned out, hopefully the birthday girl was too.



It was a very easy pattern to follow, the digits for the fingers and toes where a little tricky. My reject toes ended up being kitten toys. Which due to the size the kittens loved to run around carrying them in their mouths - uber cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment