Thursday 13 October 2016

Cat you later!

Today was our last day with the kittens (sob). We handed them back this afternoon. Before long they will be re-homed and filling lots of homes with joy. As sad as I am to say goodbye it was definitely time! Six kittens all the same age are bloody crazy. All six of them where running high speed throughout my flat playing with anything and everything (including using me as a climbing frame). They were the softest little girl cats I have ever petted. Their fur that is! My hands are covered in scratches from where they decided they didn't want to be cuddled any longer. I know, I know, I should let them come to me... but they were so adorable! I couldn't resist stealing lots of cuddles! I'm so glad I get to do this fostering thing, it's awesome meeting all these little personalities as they develop them. I'm sure they are gonna be awesome little pet cats. Now for an overload of cat pictures:


Climbing frame! 




What a cheeky little pose! I love it.


I love this picture. No one can contain one kitten for long, never mind four!
It was so difficult coming home. Over the past four weeks it has become ingrained in me when I get into the flat to open the door carefully and to scan for kittens to avoid crushing them with the door, possible escape or accidental standing upon. There is no need anymore - sob! On the bright side the flat smells a hell of a lot nicer. I did try to keep on top of the cleaning whilst they were here but even with things clean seven cats in a small flat cause a smell.

On the journey back to the home the kittens had a wee accident, they did a meaty smelling little poo in their cage, lovely :p I'm just glad I didn't have to clean that up.

Despite some smells I loved having them. My favourite time was when they would get sleepy so you could get lots of cuddles in. At other times they were just manic running around wrestling with each other. I loved the sound of their little feet pounding along the floor (I bet my downstairs neighbour didn't though, serves her right for playing her music so loud mwa ha ha).

When James and I finally decide to settle down in one place we will defo adopt a cat... or two, from a re-homing centre. They really care for these guys and you get all their injections and get them neutered so it's worth it.


No comments:

Post a Comment