Sunday 18 September 2016

The Healing Properties of a Purr

I find it so frustrating I have went backwards in my recovery all because I tried to go back to work too soon. I really thought I was ready but I had fooled myself. I have gotten so bad that I cannot walk for very long again as I have a bizarre pressure in my lower back which becomes more pronounced. My numb leg becomes worse even just trying to go to the local shops and back. I also have some weird sensations in my 'good' leg. All in all it's sounding pretty bad. I have also become increasingly lethargic. Pretty much my body is saying - "calm down you fool and let me heal".

This would all be a recipe for falling into a funk but as luck would have it tomorrow I'm getting something awesome which will keep my spirits up. I'm getting to foster a mum and six kittens. YAY!


The lovely big chap I had been fostering was returned to the cattery on Tuesday. The idea was to give him more exposure onsite to find him a home. He has since been reserved :) Hopefully he will be in his new home soon.

He transformed from a big lethargic lump who slept in a box all day unless it was food or poop time - into a big 6 year old kitten. He was a massive 8.4kg and since slimmed down to 7.1kg on the day we returned him. He absolutely went nuts chasing after a red lazer dot and at times loved nothing more than to climb onto my lap for a cuddle.

He was the one that stuck by me the day my back went out that caused me to go off sick. We both may not be very photogenic in this picture but he definitely helped my spirits in one of my scariest pain filled days so far. This picture was after many painkillers so I wasn't in as much pain as I had been previously but I was unable to get up off of the bed:


He got to the stage where he wanted to be beside me at all times. Typically like many cats enjoying blocking it's owner from accessing their computer:



He even helped me in my quest to start up crochet again:


I'm gonna miss Gato but I am sure he is going to make someone an awesome cat. It will be better for him to be in a home where he can get outside too. I am excited to continue in my cat fostering journey and meet some new cool cats to keep this crazy cat lady from sinking into a black hole of depression cause she damaged her back.

I have recently read this awesome little comic by Justine Prado and Jenn St-Onge through Emet Comics called Finding Molly: An Adventure in Catsitting. They are currently promoting a Kickstarter campaign to help fund making their first volume and if they get to a certain amount they will also commence the second volume at the same time. The story is about a recent art school graduate who doesn't know what to do with her life and cannot find inspiration for her art. She falls into the roll of cat sitter and uses these experiences to make a humorous comic blog. It may be the crazy cat lady in me but I love this comic so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment