Saturday 22 October 2016

Aviator and Pumpkin

Don't you just love all the free patterns out there! I managed to whip up these awesome little hats for the amazing little Ella recently. They were pretty easy to do so too!

So first of all is the amazing Aviator hat pattern by Repeat Crafter Me. You will notice from her very professional pictures that I didn't get the goggle's entirely correct. But they looked good for my first attempt. I used the same wool as recommended by Repeat Crafter Me. I found that doing this the goggles needed to be blocked as the thick accent wool made it crinkle up.


I was surprised that the wool suggested wasn't softer as it was mainly a pattern for babies, although she does adapt the pattern for different ages which is cool.

And here is the wee cutie Ella posing with her new hat on:



Since it's October I decided it would be awesome to do a little Pumpkin hat. I stumbled across this cute little hat by the stichin' mommy. I was pleasantly surprised it worked well as I just used wool I had lying around that I had accumulated from various friends who were culling their stash. 


And once again little Ella modelling my creation:


I love this time of year when it is getting chilly, perfect excuse to wrap up in comfy things :)

No comments:

Post a Comment